Monday, January 31, 2011

Mama's Fave Crock-Pot Meal

image credit
 I'm cookin' a roast & veggies in my pot today, but a post from a friend made me think of (and share with her) my favorite Crock-Pot meal, so I thought I'd share it here, too.  I hope you make it and love it!

Creamy Chicken Italiano
Jen's Version

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
8-oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
10 3/4-oz can cream of chicken soup
4-oz. can mushroom pieces, drained (optional)

  1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
  2. Sprinkle dressing mix over chicken.
  3. Break cream cheese into pieces and place on top of chicken.
  4. Spoon canned soup on top of the cream cheese.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  (If I use frozen chicken, I'll start the crock pot on low at 6am and it's ready when I get home at 5pm.)
  6. When it's all done, I take the chicken out and use a whisk to mix what's left in the crockpot... chicken juices and the cheese mixture. It makes a GREAT sauce!
  7. Chop up the cooked chicken and add it back into the sauce.
  8. Serve over hot buttered noodles or rice.

Yumm-o!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so yummy..I'm going to have to try it out when I can get out to the store again.

    ReplyDelete