Sunday, January 30, 2011

Homeschool Moms' Winter Summit

This past weekend I attended the Homeschool Moms’ Winter Summit.  It was my first time and I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.  Upon entering the Atrium at Crossings Community Church, I noticed the sweet, peaceful atmosphere.  You could tell some major prayer had gone into the weekend and the sweet Spirit of God had definitely, faithfully, shown up.  I expected to hear veteran and retired homeschool moms speak about their experiences and give their best wisdom, and that did happen, but I did not expect to take a swim in the deep things of God.  I mean, I had been to a homeschool conference before, but this was more like a women’s retreat.  There was PLENTY of laughter to be had, but the time we spent hearing, seeking, and speaking with the Lord were often, deep, and sweet.  The leaders and speakers were wonderful, real, honest women who shared their [great and small] successes, failures, and heartaches.  We laughed AND cried… a LOT.  It was a refreshing time in the Presence of the Living God, and, Lord willing, I will definitely attend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment