Wednesday, September 4, 2019

These three things...

"Let all those who put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever shout for JOY."
Psalm 5:11
Tonight I'm home with my under-the-weather preteen, steaming the air with boiling water to get some humidity into her congested lungs. She's just not feeling well, so we're resting together.  I could use a little steaming tonight myself. 

It's been quite a while since I sat down to write.  In ten days from today, it will be exactly two years since my last post. I've tried a little here and there, but I lost the taste for it a couple years ago.  It had been such a love in my life, but at that time, the well had run dry - no more ideas, no more words, no more drive to sit down and "experience" it. I stopped journaling at that time, as well. After so many years of speaking my mind on paper and screen, I finally had nothing more to say. And it was good for that season.

But we find ourselves in a surprising new season - ripped from one existence and plopped down in the middle of another.  It was a violent shift that left our heads spinning and me wondering where was God in all this?  

"Lord, was I not praying for exactly the OPPOSITE of this to happen??? Weren't You listening???"  

Of course He was... but He's not usually set on doing things my way. 

The shaking in my life left me angry and questioning the Lord, of all people. And in the face of me acting like a wounded animal, recoiling from His attention and ignoring His attempts to help me... in the face of all that... He was gentle, loving, and kind.  

Gentle.  Loving.  And Kind. 

As usual.  

Even when He picked me up, shook me awake, and said, "snap out of it!"  LOL  Maybe it wasn't too gentle a wake-up call, but loving and kind all the same.  Time to shake it off and get on with living.  

So here we are, three months later, taking purposeful steps toward the fresh, green spring of life... choosing the path of healing and restoration... because we only get this one chance at living... and I finally have heard the gentle whisper of words longing to be written. Hello, old friend... 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If there's anything I've learned in the amazing, wonderful, painful, life-changing journey of the last seven years, it's these three things - 

  • Let It Go
  • Be Faithful in the Small Things, and
  • Do What You Love.  

Let it go. Put it in God's hands and turn your back on it like it no longer exists.  Painful, feels wrong, extremely hard to do at first... but it works.  There is MUCH freedom and healing in letting go - and the Father will work it out for you. He changes things from the inside out.

Be faithful in the small things. Make your bed, do your dishes, keep your home... be on time to work, do what you say you're going to do - let your WORDS and ACTIONS match. Integrity.  Character.  Be responsible for your life.  

Do what you love.  You love it for a reason.  Singing and dancing, playing an instrument... painting, crafting, taking pictures... swimming, boating, biking, hiking, running... gardening, essential oils, cooking or baking... studying, traveling, connecting with people, or having an adventure!  

Even if it's as simple as reading and writing... If it calls to you... DO IT.  That's where your LIFE is.  That's what fills your LOVE tank!  That's what makes you YOU!  Embrace it, explore it, dive into it!

The simple fact is... someone out there is waiting for you to be all you were created to be.  They need what God has placed in you, so they can live THEIR best life.  That's community.  That's family!  Maybe it's your smile, or the gift of your talents and abilities... whatever it is, let that light grow in YOU, so you can pass it on to someone ELSE!  

The Father needs you to be who He designed you to be.  YOU are a part of His plan... 

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them," Ephesians 2:10.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So, that's the word for today, and I'm about ready for my PJs and Sleepytime Tea. God bless you with sweet sleep tonight, dear friends.  Rest well.

No comments:

Post a Comment