Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January... and oatmeal!

Not my picture, but this is sort of what it looked like.  ;)
Isn't it everyone's goal to blog more in the new year?  It's my goal, too.  Yippee! 

Today I want to share about my lunch.  What did I have for lunch, you ask?  Well, I had steel-cut oats with honey, crunchy apples, and pecans.  Sounds good, huh?  It was SUPERB and super satisfying! 

I used Quaker steel-cut oats, put the oats and the water in the pot at the same time (makes it creamier), and added a little salt.  I got it to boiling, then turned the fire to low, and let it simmer for 25 minutes.  When it was done, I put in a little butter and honey, half an apple, diced, and a couple tablespoons of chopped pecans.  I'm thinking about having this for dinner, too.  It was that good. 

I think next time I'll add cinnamon, and maybe some nutmeg.  Mmmm....   Oh, then maybe I'll try it with banana instead of apple!  So many possibilities!

Next, I'll blog about our new homeschool semester:  in full swing next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment