Thursday, August 5, 2010

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

This blog is about living my dream of being a homeschooling homemaker... striving to be a good wife and all-around "whole" person... complete with real stories about the ups and downs of it all.

I'm a bit of a contradiction.  A phlegmatic-sanguine.  I can be a scatterbrained, head-in-the-clouds, optimistic, dreamer type... but I'm also a responsible, first-born, serious, intellectual type.  The two equally strong sides of my personality sometimes war against each other and, let me tell you, it can get MESSY in my brain.  Scary messy.

I like to plan, plan, plan--and I LOVE coming up with new ways of doing things--but I sometimes fall short on the do, do, do.  And I'm okay with that.  (More on that later.)  I have struggled with weight, messiness, procrastination, laziness (yikes!), and controlling perfectionism (of all the crazy things)... and I've been down the depression/anxiety road and back.    However, today I can tell you that I'm free, I love being imperfect me--and instead of struggling, striving, worrying, and gritting my teeth, I'm learning to trust in the Lord and depend on Him.  More about that later, too. 

So, this blog will be about the joys and frustrations of parenting, homeschooling and homemaking... with a little wifedom and multitasking mania thrown in... and  practical tips for anchoring a scattered mind like mine.  I've come up with a few tricks to help me keep a handle on things while protecting who God made me to be.  I definitely have not "arrived," but I do have joy and peace in the journey... and that's something to share!

3 comments:

  1. This is a new one, huh? LOVE the design, and the concept sounds interesting, too! I'll "Follow" you, and look forward to reading more.

    I just finished and am preparing to upload an entry on seeing oursleves as "foster children", and how that affects our relationship and view of God. Would love your feedback. It sort of touches on what you and I have talked about in the past - realizing our true identity.

    Hope you're enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marie! Thanks for following me. All of a sudden I had a few things to share that didn't fit anywhere else. I think I'm a blogger addict. :)

    Your new post sounds promising! Reminds me of that chart you share with me about orphan vs. son. LOVED that! Can't wait to read what you have to say on the subject!

    We're heading out the door for ice cream, so I'll check your blog later. Love ya! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh groovy...now you've got me craving ice cream. Just might hafta do something about that!

    If you get a chance to read, please leave me a comment (so it looks like comeone reads my blog). LOL!

    Love,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete